|Follow this step-by-step checklist to make sure you order the correct products. Please read the tutorial.
- Measure Your Firebox
Record the firebox and wall dimensions indicated in the firebox diagrams. Check for any site conditions and limitations that might affect the surround: Do you have a bookshelf or window limiting the width of the leg? Is there a gas valve that could possibly interfere with the leg? What is the overall width of the wall? Is there anything in the way of the mantle shelf and header?
- Choose a Fireplace Surround
• Choose the Style.
• Select the Options.
• Choose the Size. In general, we recommend ordering a fireplace surround that is slightly larger than the firebox. Slips are then cut to match the opening size.
• Choose a Hearth (optional). Each size of each surround style has a typical flat hearth, indicated on the product page. Additional hearths are available, including raised hearths (page 2E.1).
• Choose a Slip Set (optional). Slip sets are used to face/cover any exposed surface between the opening and the surround. Often they cover any exposed metal (usually you need to allow for a 1/2” exposed metal edge on prefab boxes that allow the glass door to open). For more information, see page 2E.2.
• Choose a Hood (optional).
* Choose the Hood Style.
* Select the Hood Options.
* Choose the Hood Size. In general, we recommend ordering a fireplace surround that is slightly larger than the firebox. Slips are then cut to match the opening size.
- Choose the Finish and Color
This information is crucial to completing your order.
• Choose a finish. Either medium or heavy etched
• Choose a color.